An Easy and Cheap Cure and Prevention For Dry Hands
This page describes a simple, harmless moisturizing
that can cure and prevent ordinary dry hand
discomfort, and subsequent skin thickening, deep flaking, and
Important: uncomfortable dry skin may be caused by fungal
infections, allergies, or other serious medical conditions. Be
sure to check with a dermatologist to rule out skin disease before
attempting this or any home remedy. No warranty, either expressed
or implied, is herein conferred.
- In a small bottle, add pure glycerin up to one third of the
bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with plain water. Another
way to describe these proportions is one part glycerin and two
parts water (by volume, not weight).
- Shake well, turning the bottle over several times; glycerin
and water take awhile to mix thoroughly. Glycerin is cheap and
available in many (but not all) drugstores.
- Apply 1-4 drops and rub into hands or other area of dry skin
immediately after washing your hands. Be sure to apply every time
- The solution works by softening the skin and by attracting
water from the humidity in the air (glycerin is a
- Be sure to bring a small bottle with you on trips.
Copyright © 2009 David Spector
Copying is permitted if this complete page is copied and
author is given credit for his unique work; reference or linking
by Web address is permitted freely.